Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Mommy, are you done with God?"

This morning as I was trying to catch a few quiet moments with God, my daughter who is two walked in. She asked "Mommy, what are you doing?" I said "I'm talking to God sweetie" she looked around and said ,God isn't here, I told her that he is here and that I was just talking to him for a few minutes. I had my head laid against my bed and she said "but mommy God isn't on your bed." I tried to explain that God is with us everywhere, and asked her to go finish watching her cartoons for a few minutes so I could finish my prayer! I quickly finished my prayer and walked in to the living room where she was sitting. When she saw me she asked if I was done with God. I told her no, I would never be done with God, but she didn't really understand since obviously I had finsihed my talk with God!

No comments: